Product Description: HydroGuard Super Absorbent Polymer
HydroGuard super absorbent polymer crystal has proven practical applications in manufacturing, energy production, mining and many other industries. It is used to solidify and stabilize liquid waste by-products.
The unique characteristic of HydroGuard super absorbent polymer is its ability to absorb water or organic fluids, reject oil and resist biodegradation while retaining liquid under pressure. This makes it an ideal medium for waste disposal in landfills.
HydroGuard super absorbent polymer is a cost-saving alternative to other bulk sorbents, including Portland cement, kiln dust, corn-cobs, sawdust or other commodity absorbents.
- Reduce waste transportation and disposal costs compared to bulking agents that are commonly used.
- Absorb more liquid by weight than other sorbents
- Retain liquid under pressure
- Resist bio-degradation
HydroGuard Super Absorbent Polymer:
- Chemically bonds with water and won’t biodegrade or release liquid.
- Minimizes waste volume–typical expansion is less than 1%.
- Mixes quickly to improve production efficiency
- Passes the EPA Test Method 9095 paint filter test. Certain waste streams will pass will EPA Test Method 1311 for RCRA metals after treatment with HydroGuard
All super absorbent polymer crystals are not the same. Waste streams vary in chemical composition, salinity, temperature and other ways. That’s why we have specific SAP formulations that we match to corresponding liquid waste.
- HydroGuard 1000 Economy Grade – Small Particle Size Grains for Quick Solidification Applications
Absorption Capacity in Water 140 -200 g/g
Drilling fluid (mud) and drill cuttings disposal, mine tailings, pit, pond and lagoon closure, waste contained in roll off boxes, hazardous waste streams, de-watering.
- HydroGuard 2000 Mid-Grade – Variable Particle Size and Color Variation for Routine Solidification Operations
Absorption Capacity in Water 140 -220 g/g
Chemically bonds with water, and won’t biodegrade or release liquid. minimizes waste volume – typical expansion is less than 1%, mixes quickly to improve production efficiency
- HydroGuard 3000 Premium Grade – Consistent Particle Size Distribution for High Capacity Applications
Absorption Capacity in De-ionized water 350 – 380.0 g/g Min.
HG 3000 super absorbent polymers have many advantages over commodity solidification media like kiln dust, Portland cement or sawdust:
- HydroGuard PAM For more difficult applications where water where salt concentration is present and for other specialized solidification requirements. Polyacrylamide is an acrylic resin that is employed in the treatment of industrial and municipal wastewater.
Absorption Capacity in De-ionized water 350 – 400 g/g Min
Note: Significant concentrations of salt may require additional PAM due to reduction in absorption capacity. On site testing is recommended.
Ready to Ship Inventory
We have a large inventory of super absorbent polymers which are ready to ship. If you need a truckload, a pallet of 50# bags or a metric ton of super sack for industrial clean-up, we will ship in a timely and efficient manner.
Bulk Sacks (2000 to 2200#)
50 LB Bags
Let us help you select the right grade of HydroGuard super absorbent polymer for your hazardous, non-hazardous or radioactive waste solidification and stabilization project.
|Grade||Bulk Sack Price||Truckload B/S Prices/lb||Bags/skid|
|HydroGuard SAP 1000||Low Grade||$ call||$ call||40/2000#|
|HydroGuard SAP 2000||Mid Grade||$ call||$ call||40/2000#|
|HydroGuard SAP 3000||Premium||$ call||$ call||40/2000#|
|HydroGuard PAM||PAM||$ call||$ call||40/2000#|