SludgeGuard TF1000 is a broad spectrum blend of natural fibers and additives for absorbing and solidifying oily industrial sludge to a semi-solid consistency. This allows for easy transport from processing facility to disposal facility. SludgeGuard’s non-hazardous characteristic allows it to biodegrade naturally over time. The absorption process is effective for waste streams containing fresh or salt water, oil, chemicals or other additives.
- Solidify a variety of waste streams
- Effective for combinations of both water, brine and oil applications.
- Packaged in compressed bales of 700 to 800 pounds each for efficient shipping.
- Bales require manual mixing to disperse material throughout liquid sludge. Allow 2-3 hours for complete absorption to take place.
- Capacity: approximately 5-15 times its weight of oily sludge
- Efficiency: cost to solidify one ton of sludge significantly less than sawdust, clay or other methods due to reduced mass for transportation and disposal.
- Lbs of Absorbent Required per ton of waste to be stabilized = 250 lbs +/-
Physical and Chemical Properties
- Appearance: Grayish milled fiber with some whitish po
- Relative Density: 40 kg/m3 (2.5 lbs/CF) (ASTM C739) Boiling, Melting, Flash Point: Not Applicable
- Vapor Pressure: Negligible @ 20C
- Odor: None
- pH: 0 to 7.5
- Viscosity: Not Applicable
- Reactivity in Water: None
- Weight per bale/pallet 700-800 lbs