PetroGuard® is quick! Absorb and solidify hazardous and water reactive chemicals instantly.
PetroGuard is a unique and proprietary chemical spill solidifying absorbent. With PetroGuard chemical spill absorbent, most common water reactive chemicals, hazardous hydrocarbons and silicone based chemicals are quickly and effectively:
- encapsulated (true permanent encapsulation | will not release under pressure)*
*Polypropylene and “natural” organic absorbents cannot permanently encapsulate liquid pollutants.
This is not a neutralizing agent which can cause dangerous problems. PetroGuard chemical spill absorbent will absorb the liquid chemical physically and help prevent it from hydrolyzing. This reduces the chemical’s capacity to create acid vapors making the spill cleanup process safer and more cost effective.
It often takes large amounts of chemical neutralizers to deactivate a reactive chemical spill. PetroGuard chemical spill absorbing solidifier’s efficiency saves time and money because less product is needed and fewer man hours are required for a spill response.
PetroGuard is effectively used in conjunction with fire fighting foams and suppressors
As a chemical spill solidification product, PetroGuard is known for its quality, speed and efficiency, having an absorption capacity of over 400%.
Overall and comparably, PetroGuard chemical spill absorbent efficiently reduces operational costs because:
- The absorbed reactive chemical becomes impervious to water.
- Flammable or toxic vapor production is reduced or eliminated.
- Clean-up is safer and requires less man-power.
- Exposure time to the hazardous chemical is significantly reduced.
- It has a low volumetric increase of less than 15%, keeping handling and disposal costs down. Other solidification polymers will swell to up to 27 times their volume, increasing handling and disposal volume, while requiring extended time to absorb effectively.
- PetroGuard is non-leaching and non-exothermic.
- PetroGuard is easily and cost effectively disposed of by incineration or land-fill.
Example organics absorbed and immobilized by PetroGuard chemical spill absorbent include:
- Titanium tetrachloride
- Polynuclear aromatic hydrocarbons
- Chlorinated hydrocarbons
- Ethyl acetate
- (See list of water reactive chemicals below)
Just send us a description of your problem chemical and we can help you determine if PetroGuard chemical spill absorbent is an appropriate solidifying absorbent for your application.
|Matrix Structure||Organic Polymer|
|Physical Form||White granular powder|
|Particle Size||20-60 mesh|
|Flash Point||Not applicable|
Click here for a dramatic video demonstration of PetroGuard chemical spill absorbent immobilizing Titanium Tetrachloride (TiCl4) making it non-reactive to water.
Watch how PetroGuard instantly immobilizes chlorosilane, a reactive chemical, by inhibiting or eliminating dangerous vapor production as well as reducing or eliminating its reactivity to water, making in safer to handle and dispose of.
Suggested Methods of Application
The quickest and easiest way to apply the chemical spill absorbent product is by manually applying it to the surface of the liquid chemical. This is best done using a scoop or shovel. For larger standing spills we recommend the use of power equipment such as a backhoe or one of our custom made motorized blowers.
PetroGuard Chemical Spill Absorbent Packaging Options
|ITEM #||ITEM DESCRIPTION||Type||Shipping weight in pounds||Packaging||Units per pallet|
|PG55||PetroGuard: 55-gallon drum.||Drum||106||EA||8|
|PG5P||PetroGuard: 5-gallon pail.||Pail||1||EA||48|
|PG27B||PetroGuard: 27 cubic foot bulk box or bag||Bulk||408||EA||1|
|PG40B||PetroGuard: 40 cubic foot bulk box/bag||Bulk||600||EA||1|