PetroGuard® chemical spill absorbent is quick!
PetroGuard will keep first responders, workers, facilities and local communities safer by instantly absorbing and solidifying hazardous chemicals and oil through advanced molecular capture.
PetroGuard is a unique and proprietary solidifying chemical and oil spill absorbent. With PetroGuard, most common water reactive chemicals, hazardous hydrocarbons and silicone-based chemicals are quickly and effectively:
- encapsulated (true permanent encapsulation | will not release under pressure) *
Minimize your safety procedures with PetroGuard chemical spill absorbent. Because of its ability to absorb liquid chemicals quickly and minimize hydrolyzing which reducing the risk of fire, explosion and inhalation of toxic fumes.
PetroGuard is known for its quality, speed and efficiency, having an absorption capacity of over 400% making spill clean-up faster, safer and more cost effective.
Overall PetroGuard efficiently reduces operational costs because:
- The absorbed reactive chemical becomes impervious to water.
- Flammable or toxic vapor production is reduced or eliminated.
- Clean-up is safer and requires less manpower.
- Exposure time to the hazardous chemical is significantly reduced.
- It has a low volumetric increase of less than 15%, keeping handling and disposal costs down. Other solidification polymers will swell to up to 27 times their volume, increasing handling and disposal volume, while requiring greatly extended time to absorb effectively by as much as 20 minutes.
- PetroGuard chemical spill absorbent is non-leaching and non-exothermic.
- PetroGuard is easily disposed of by incineration or landfill.
Example organics absorbed and immobilized by PetroGuard chemical spill absorbent include:
- Titanium tetrachloride
- Polynuclear aromatic hydrocarbons
- Chlorinated hydrocarbons
- Ethyl acetate
|Matrix Structure||Organic Polymer|
|Physical Form||White granular powder or crumb|
|Particle Size||20-60 mesh|
|Flash Point||Not applicable|
Suggested Methods of Application
The quickest and easiest way to apply PetroGuard is by manually applying it to the surface of the liquid chemical. This is best done using a scoop or shovel. For larger standing spills we recommend the use of industrial blowers. Contact us for more information on our custom-made motorized blowers.
Send us a description of your problem chemical and we can help you determine if PetroGuard chemical spill absorbent is an appropriate solidifying absorbent for your application.
PetroGuard Chemical Spill Absorbent Packaging Options
|ITEM #||ITEM DESCRIPTION||Type||Shipping weight in pounds||Packaging||Units per pallet|
|PG55||PetroGuard: 55-gallon drum.||Drum||106||EA||8|
|PG5P||PetroGuard: 5-gallon pail.||Pail||1||EA||48|
|PG27B||PetroGuard: 27 cubic foot bulk box or bag||Bulk||408||EA||1|
|PG40B||PetroGuard: 40 cubic foot bulk box/bag||Bulk||600||EA||1|