PetroGuard chemical spill hazmat absorbent is quick!
Known for its speed, quality, efficiency, and absorption capacity of over 4:1, PetroGuard chemical spill hazmat absorbent makes clean up of water reactive chemicals faster, safer and more cost effective.
With PetroGuard, common water reactive chemicals, hazardous hydrocarbons and silicone-based chemicals are quickly and efficiently:
- Encapsulated (will not release under pressure)
Because PetroGuard acts so quickly, hydrolyzing is minimized/eliminated, reducing the risk of fire, explosion, and inhalation of toxic fumes.
Overall PetroGuard efficiently reduces operational costs because:
- It rapidly absorbs. Other polymers take up to 20 minutes to effectively absorb.
- Flammable or toxic vapor production is reduced or eliminated
- The absorbed chemical becomes impervious to water
- Clean-up is safer and requires less manpower
- Exposure time to hazardous chemical is significantly reduced
- It has a low volumetric increase of <=15% and rapidly absorbs. Other polymers swell <=27%.
- It is non-leaching and non-exothermic
- It is easily disposed of by incineration or landfill
Example of organics absorbed and immobilized by PetroGuard chemical spill absorbent include:
- Titanium tetrachloride
- Polynuclear aromatic hydrocarbons
- Ethyl acetate
Suggested Methods of Application
Using a scoop or shovel, manually apply PetroGuard to the surface of the liquid chemical. Use an industrial blower for larger standing spills.
Shipping charges within the United States are included in the price.
To place an order outside the US or if you have any questions, please call 860 350-2200 or contact us here.
Watch PetroGuard tackle TiCl4
Watch PetroGuard tackle Chlorosilane