How to Use PetroGuard for Chemical Spills
Most chemical spills require special procedures to clean and dispose of the spill. Below are step-by-step instructions on how to use PetroGuard for chemical spill control.
1. Identify the material spilled. Assess the toxicity, flammability or other hazardous properties of the material, the size, type, amount and location of the spill.
2. Identify and obtain your personal protective equipment. Wear and use all protective equipment contained in kit at all times before, during and after spill clean-up.
3. Gently apply PetroGuard onto the spill working from the outside of the spill inward.
4. Chemical will quickly solidify into a non-reversible solid matrix.
5. Allow 5-10 minutes for material to cure. For reactive chemicals some residual vapor production may be visible. This is normal and should subside over the next few hours. If time is of the essence, the application of standard fire fight foam will reduce or eliminate vapor production.
6. Remove solid matrix manually and collect in a suitable container for temporary storage.
7. Remove for disposal according to company policy. Incineration is the preferred method.
8. Click here to view a video demonstration.
PetroGuard is our exclusive proprietary product. You can access information regarding PetroGuard by clicking here. For more information contact us today!