Have you ever looked at that sunken boom on your holding pond and thought “that thing was supposed to float”?
The next thing you know you have to replace the submerged boom with a new one tied to the “hope” that maybe this one won’t sink quite as quickly.
Then there’s the issue of the labor involved in pulling the submerged boom out of the water. Couple that with the additional products needed to deal with the release of the oils and chemicals it was supposed to absorb and the end result is a messy, expensive, counter-productive and ineffective way to remove an oil sheen.
Well, we have a solution and it’s our floating SheenGuard sheen removal pillows and blankets. The pillows are filled with PetroGuard D, a high capacity solidifying hydrophobic absorbent. These pillows can easily be clipped together to form a continuous blanket to cover a large area or used individually for small areas like shipyards and marinas.
SheenGuard absorbent pillows and blankets allow oil and other materials to be completely absorbed and contained. They are made with extremely rugged, durable and long-lasting materials that work to hold the PetroGuard-D to control and contain oil and hazardous chemicals for extended periods of time. For years our customers have been successfully using SheenGuard pillows and blankets in industrial holding ponds, clarification ponds and more.
These absorbent pillows and blankets offer several features that will equip you with a containment system that lasts for extended periods of time in many different water locations. In order to provide this durability our pillows and blankets are made with several features that help keep the product functional and floating. Features include:
- The pillows will float indefinitely because additional flotation is built in.
- The pillow is constructed with a strong industrial cloth that allows the water to pass through easily and has a high tensile strength.
- Standard size options are 24×24, 36×36, or 48×48 inches and they can simply be clipped together to cover larger surface areas.
- We can easily customize our pillows and blankets to meet your specific needs.
Our pillows and blankets are equipped to offer several advantages during their use. Some of the most common advantages include:
- They are non-releasing. This means they will not release liquids once absorbed even during handling.
- They are economical. They significantly reduce man hours by replacing conventional methods with a long-lasting sheen removal device.
SheenGuard blanket-booms are also ideal for use in contained bodies of water such as shipyards, harbors, marinas and on-shore areas where the presence of standing oil and sheens is likely.
SheenGuard easily removes floating sheens caused by:
- Oil, including crude oil, silicone, crude and heating oil.
- Aromatic ethers.
- Aliphatic and aromatic hydrocarbons.
- Chlorinated aromatics.
- Gasoline and kerosene.
- Many more.
Please contact us regarding custom designed sheen removal pillows and blankets for your exact specifications and application requirements.