PetroGuard® chemical spill absorbent is quick!
Known for its speed, quality, efficiency, and absorption capacity of over 4:1, PetroGuard makes chemical spill clean up of water reactive chemicals faster, safer and more cost effective.
With PetroGuard common water reactive chemicals, hazardous hydrocarbons and silicone-based chemicals are quickly and efficiently:
- Encapsulated (will not release under pressure)
Because PetroGuard acts so quickly, hydrolyzing is minimized/eliminated, reducing the risk of fire, explosion, and inhalation of toxic fumes.
Overall PetroGuard efficiently reduces operational costs because:
- It rapidly absorbs. Other polymers take up to 20 minutes to effectively absorb.
- Flammable or toxic vapor production is reduced or eliminated
- The absorbed chemical becomes impervious to water
- Clean-up is safer and requires less manpower
- Exposure time to hazardous chemical is significantly reduced
- It has a low volumetric increase of <=15% and rapidly absorbs. Other polymers swell <=27%.
- It is non-leaching and non-exothermic
- It is easily disposed of by incineration or landfill
Example of organics absorbed and immobilized by PetroGuard chemical spill absorbent include:
- Titanium tetrachloride
- Polynuclear aromatic hydrocarbons
- Ethyl acetate
Suggested Methods of Application
Using a scoop or shovel, manually apply PetroGuard to the surface of the liquid chemical. Use an industrial blower for larger standing spills.
Click here for a list of water reactive chemicals:
For pricing please call 860 350-2200 or contact us here.
PetroGuard Packaging Options
|ITEM #||ITEM DESCRIPTION|
|PG55||PetroGuard: 55-gallon drum (100 lbs)|
|PG5P||PetroGuard: 5-gallon pail (10 lbs)|
|PG40||PetroGuard: 40 cubic foot bulk box/bag (600 lbs)|
Watch PetroGuard tackle TiCl4
Watch PetroGuard tackle Chlorosilane